Google
My Country: Emir gunning for 3rd straight racing win

Monday, May 21, 2007

Emir gunning for 3rd straight racing win

PETALING JAYA: Emir Firdaus Hassan is gunning for a third straight win in Round Four of the Petronas Sprinta AAM Malaysian Cub Prix Championships in Kota Baru this weekend.

The Motul KMC YY Pang rider has lived up to team expectations in the Wira EpG category after winning Round 2 (Sepang) last month and Round 3(Kuantan) two weeks ago.

He also finished second in Round One in Kluang last month.

As a result, he is currently leading the overall championship standings with 70 points, 21 points ahead of Shahrill Izzuwan Md Noor of Mingguan Sukan UZ DPP who is second with 49 points. Third place is a tied with Zaiezuwanhady Zaifaizal and Abdul Muhaimin Roslan of Shell Advance Maju who are both on 36 points.

"The 21-point gap is not good enough for me. It's now Round Four and I want keep up my strong performance to collect maximum points to build a bigger lead," said Emir who has openly expressed his desire to win the Wira EpG title.

"One bad round woud enough for my rival to catch up with me.

"I am not about to let that happen. It might be too early for me to mention this but I want to seal the Wira EpG title as early as I can," said the 18-year old rider who started racing in 2005.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2007/5/21/sports/20070521150524&sec=sports